MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK

MICHIGAN COTTAGE COOK
SUMMER AT THE BEACH

Monday, October 15, 2012

OLD-FASHIONED SOUR CREAM COOKIES WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND DRIED BLUEBERRIES-----AN INCREDIBLE COOKIE RECIPE THAT IS A BLANK DOUGH WAITING FOR YOUR CREATIVITY.

Old-fashioned Sour Cream Cookies with Dried Cherries and Dried Blueberries.
 
 
It is not too early to be thinking Christmas Cookies.  This recipe for Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Cookies freezes beautifully and tastes like the ultimate comfort cookie.

 
 
 
 
 
 
The original recipe for these cookies, which goes back to at least my Grandma's time, had no dried fruit in them.  I added the golden raisins and my family enjoyed them this way for years.  Two years ago I wanted to dress them up for Christmas so I added dried cherries.
 
 
 
Recently a friend asked if I would make her some soft cookies to have in the house when she had visitors.  The softest cookie I could think about off the top of my head was sour cream cookies. 
 
 
 
I wanted to do something special so I divided up the dough into three sections.  One part of the dough I made up as the original cookies with no dried fruit.  The second part of the dough I made up with the golden raisins and no cherries or special sprinkles on top.  I just put cinnamon sugar on the plain cookies and golden raisins cookies.
 
 
 
The third batch of cookies I add dried cherries and dried blueberries with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top.  I found them outrageously good.   I find that the amount of dried fruit in the cookies is a personal decision.  I stir in some fruit.  If I think the dough looks like it will suite my taste.  I make cookies.  If it looks like the dough needs more fruit, I add it.

These cookies would be delightful with coconut, nuts, mini-chips, any dried fruit of your choice, or whatever.  This is too good of a recipe to be lost to time.



Ingredients:  Old Fashioned Sour Cream Cookie dough, dried cherries, and dried blueberries.





Add a "handful", big or small, of dried cherries and dried blueberries.
 
 
 


Stir to combine.  Scoop dough onto parchment covered cookie sheets.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  Follow directions for baking sour cream cookies


This is one of those days my camera just wants to sleep in and enjoy the the rain falling on the roof so all the pictures look a little "blurry-eyed."


Outrageously good.



You have to try one.



Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment